Client Invoicing - Extraneous Detail

Options
JohnJB
JohnJB Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer

I just 'Rebilled' to create an invoice. Some surprises:

1. My Policy name shows in the upper left hand corner; I can't imagine how that helps my clients, or that my clients will understand it, and it might cause confusion. How do i remove it.
  2. The 'From / To' email notes duplicate my identity as the sender, which shows over at the right margin. How do i remove one or the other, preferably the 'To / From' detail?
  3. "Policy Violations" are called out publicly right on a Client's Invoice, which say "Duplicate Expense". That will make me look like I'm committing fraud by double dipping by trying to collect on other folks' receipts. There must be a way to remove this, right?
  4. The "Report History and Comments" shows publicly, so if I edit an invoice 3 times, my client can see that detail. How do I remove this section?

Answers

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Options

Thanks for using our Invoicing feature @JohnJB! We'll admit though, it's certainly not as fully functioning as we'd like and that's something we've got in the back of our minds for 2020. Keep your eyes peeled for more on that!

For now, your assumptions and observations are correct:

My Policy name shows in the upper left hand corner... it might cause confusion. How do i remove it.

You cannot.

The 'From / To' email notes duplicate my identity as the sender

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, as when you Send an Invoice, it does show who that has been sent to in the To field:

"Policy Violations" are called out publicly right on a Client's Invoice

Again, this shouldn't be the case. As you can see in the screenshot above - when this is an Invoice rather than Expense Report, no Violations show.

When we return it to being an Expense Report, this is when the Violations show:

The "Report History and Comments" shows publicly, so if I edit an invoice 3 times, my client can see that detail.

On this, I don't see too much of an issue. Would you mind elaborating on what you see as the issue with your client viewing an audit trail of your history editing the invoice you're sending them?