FAQ: NetSuite: Error Creating Vendor: This Entity Already Exists
You'll find instructions for resolve the ExpensiError NS0042: Error creating vendor: This entity already exists error below.
Does the vendor already exist in NetSuite?
Because a vendor record already exists but according to this error, we are still trying to create one, this error actually means that we aren't finding the existing vendor when we try to export.
- Make sure the email on the NetSuite vendor record matches the email of the report submitter
- Make sure the vendor record is on the same subsidiary that's selected in the connection configurations at Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Connections > Configure.
Do you want Expensify to automatically create the vendor in NetSuite?
If Automatically Create Vendor is enabled on your NetSuite Advanced configuration at Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Connections, Expensify will create a new vendor in the subsidiary configured in Expensify.
When Expensify creates a vendor in NetSuite, we send the name and email of the user. Here are your options:
- Delete or edit the existing vendor in NetSuite
- Add the email address to the existing vendor in NetSuite
- After completing one of these steps, make sure to sync the policy first and then try again.