Multiple Policies

Options
DaveCWS
DaveCWS Expensify Customer Posts: 13 Expensify Newcomer
Are we able to create multiple policies on the same account/plan under the same user? We are currently setting up a test environment for Expensify, using a single account on the Control plan ($19/mo as pay per use). We have a single policy created. To create a second policy, as an example, does this require a second $19/mo fee? Or, can we create multiple policies under this single user $19/mo plan? 

Best Answer

• Jenna Hay
    Jenna Hay Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 73 Expensify Team
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @DaveCWS

Yes you absolutely can create multiple policies for your organisation and for no additional cost.  Our pricing is per user and so provided the owner of the policies is the same person, we will count their, and any other members, use once, even if that activity occurs across multiple policies.  The billing is always associated with the policy owner, however, and so if you have the same users on two policies which have two different owners, then each owner will be charged for their policy's members, meaning there will be double charges.

Hope this answers your question, please let me know if you need further info  :)

Answers

• rgondo
    rgondo Expensify Customer Posts: 31 Expensify Admirer
    Options

Can we have multiple policies on the same domain?

For example - we have office workers and warehouse associates - these two groups need different policies, but they are all under the same domain - how can I do this?

Also, I want to restrict Policy Selection so employees can't choose the wrong policy by mistake.

Am I in a bind?

• Greg Schroeder
    Greg Schroeder Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 64 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @rgondo - Yup, this is all possible. First of all, domains just capture everyone who has the same domain name in their email address. Policies are actually separate from domains, and can include users from different domains within them.

If you have users who need to be separated into completely different policies, you can just create a new policy for each cohort via Settings > Policies > Group. Once the policies are created, invite the users you want to each policy via Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > People. Note that only users who are invited to a given policy will be able to select it to report their expenses.

As for your second concern, there shouldn't be a problem of folks selecting the wrong policy if they're only invited to a single policy. However, if you need to invite folks to multiple policies (perhaps for approval workflow purposes), you can restrict which policy they submit reports on. To do this, navigate to Settings > Domains > [Domain Name] > Groups. You can then restrict users in a given group to only use a single primary policy if your choosing, as outlined here.

Hope that helps! Keep us posted with any follow up questions. 👍

• SAOSBR
    SAOSBR Approved! Accountant Posts: 36 Expensify Admirer
    Options

Hey guys - is there a way to have the same user on multiple policies with multiple cards assigned to them? I'm finding it very difficult. So in the above examples you are saying you can have certain users on certain policies and assign the cards to them but, I need one user on 6 policies with 6 difference credit cards under the same domain. Any ideas?

• Katie Oswalt
    Katie Oswalt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 170 Expensify Team
    edited June 2022
    Options

Sure, @SAOSBR . You can certainly have a user on a domain have multiple cards assigned to them that are imported under the same domain.

Policies bear no difference here. As Greg stated above, those are entirely separate (and also policies do not belong to a domain), so it doesn't matter how many policies an employee is a part of.

If there's something you're having trouble with regarding assigning one domain user multiple cards under that domain, please write into us at concierge@expensify.com or use the in-app chat so we can help you in real-time!

• MelG
    MelG Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Our APAC team is only a team of 7, using 4 different currencies.

We report to 3 different approvers (but only one level).

Is the right setup approach here to make a separate policy for each Currency zone? Or a different policy for each Approver?

Do we still just pay for 7 memberships regardless of how many policies/currencies/approvers?

• Sophie_Pinto
    Sophie_Pinto Expensify Customer, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 133 Expensify Team
    Options

@MelG hello!

Is the right setup approach here to make a separate policy for each Currency zone?

This depends. You could have one policy and have one main reporting currency for the policy and the other three currencies would be converted using our Open Exchange currency conversion or you can have different policies for each currency. You can manage different approvers within one policy, however.

And regarding pricing, you pay for active users per month - so if you have 7 people but only 5 are active every month, then I would recommend taking out a subscription for 5 people - as the seats are agnostic.

I suggest hitting the Call button on one of the inbox tasks to get a thorough onboarding set up for you!

• LDHoff
    LDHoff Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Hi! I have 3 workspaces (policies) I'm using for my company currently, all serving different purposes for different functional areas. I need to create a fourth now as we are growing, but following the way I've done it in the past and using the above path with the updated "workplaces", there is no option for adding another one. I've looked everywhere, but there's no option to change anything in my account to allow for additional workspaces/policies. Can you advise me here please? Are we just limited to 3 under Settings>Workspaces>Group?