The Report: how to deduct my cash expenses from my cash withdrawals.

Options
beginner
beginner Expensify Customer Posts: 2
Hello, I have a company card. Some my expenses are in cash, so I withdraw cash from an ATM. My reports include cash expenses only, and they are difference between the cash I withdraw and cash that I spend. How can I create a ATM withdrawal, so that it can rest from the amount?  

Answers

• Kirk Barrett
    Kirk Barrett Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 128 Expensify Team
    Options
    To clarify, are you trying to add a negative value expense to the report in order to offset the cash withdrawal vs. the value of the expenses that were incurred using the cash?  A better way to do this may be to simply mark these expenses as Non-Reimbursable.  This will ensure that these expenses are not going to be adding to a reimbursable amount, and would avoid the need for this offset.  

If you do still need to create a negative value expense then what you can do is encapsulate the amount in parentheses.  This will cause Expensify to recognize this as a negative value, and this will draw down the overall total of the report.  

If I have misunderstood what you are looking for here please let me know with a little more detail what you are trying to do and I'd be happy to follow up!  
  • beginner
    beginner Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Kirk, yes, I tried to add a negative value expense to the report in order to offset the cash withdrawal vs. the value of the expenses that were incurred using the cash. If I mark as Non-Reimburfable, the amount does not draw down the overall total of the report. I need to drop it down, so I will choose the option to encapsulate the amount in parentheses. Thank you for the clarifications! 
  • Cheryl Walsh
    Cheryl Walsh Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 104 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hi @beginner, that's great you were able to resolve the issue! If you have any other queries or concerns you can reach out to concierge@expensify.com! Thanks for sharing with our community!