Netsuite Integration

Options
RonWR
RonWR Expensify Customer Posts: 3
Hi All,
Is there any pros and cons of integrating with Netsuite as Vendor Bill vs. Journal Entry?
Looks like if we sync with Netsuite as Journal Entry, it gives us more flexibility of what GL accounts we would like to use. Whereas if we sync as Vendor Bill, we can only use Accounts Payable account.

Can anyone share the benefit of syncing to Netsuite as Vendor Bill vs. Journal Entry in terms of reconciliation, reporting, transaction search, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Maddy Lewis
    Maddy Lewis Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 120 Expensify Team
    Options
    Hi @RonWR - Sure! Let me go over the differences with you. I'm going to break this explanation up into reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses.

Exporting Reimbursable Expenses:

Vendor Bills

When exporting as vendor bills to NetSuite, the transactions will map to the subsidiary associated with the policy. With this option, you can also set an approval level in NetSuite for the bills. Each report will post as payable to the vendor associated with the employee that submitted the report.

Journal Entries

When exporting as journal entries to NetSuite, the transactions will also map to the subsidiary associated with the policy (just like with vendor bills). You can also set an approval level in NetSuite for the journal entries. But, all the transactions will post to the payable account specified in the policy.

However, journal entry forms do not contain a customer column so it is not possible to export customers or projects with this export option. 

Exporting Non-reimbursable Expenses:

Vendor Bills

Non-reimbursable expenses will post as a vendor bill payable to the default vendor specified in your policy's connection settings. If you are centrally managing your company cards under your company's domain, you can export expenses from each individual card to a specific vendor in NetSuite (detailed instructions here). You can also set an approval level in NetSuite for the bills. 

Journal Entries

Non-reimbursable expenses will post to the Journal Entries posting account selected in your policy's connection settings. If you are centrally managing your company cards under your company's domain, you can export expenses from each individual card to a specific account in NetSuite (detailed instructions here).

However, journal entry forms by default do not contain a customer column so it is not possible to export customers or projects with this export option.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other! It really depends on your organization's preferences. I hope that clears things up a bit!