reports

Options
sandrastarterfluid
sandrastarterfluid Expensify Customer Posts: 2

I have been asked to take a large report of expenses and divide it into 3 smaller reports specifically by month. So far I am not able to figure that out. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help in advance.

Answers

• Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @sandrastarterfluid,

What you should do:

Step 1: Open up the large report that you have currently created. It should look like this: (if already submitted, ensure that you click "undo submit" in the bottom left corner, so that you can make changes to the Report)

Step 2: Click into the Expense(s) that you want to move over to another Report, and select the Report that you want to add them to from the drop down. I would suggest that for the first expense that you move, you select "new".

Step 3: Then head into that report, via the Reports tab (it will appear at the top).

Step 4: Then open up the report and name it for the month, e.g. February.

From here, you can then move all the relevant expenses into that new "February Report" and then submit each monthly Report as is desired by your admin.

All you need to do is go into the original report and then repeat "Step 2" with each expense you want to move.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions!

• sandrastarterfluid
    sandrastarterfluid Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

I cannot change the report name it is grayed out. I know I am a copilot but what additional access do I need? thank you

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @sandrastarterfluid it could be that this is set in the Policy and not editable.

Can you please email concierge@expensify.com with the Report ID and we can take a look? There might be a little too much back and forth for the Community here!