How to generate a report that shows 2 taxes?

Options
pants
pants Expensify Customer Posts: 4

Hello, I need to generate a report that shows the GST (5%) and PST (7%) that was charged on each of my expenses, including the total amounts of GST and total amounts of PST for each category. I read the article that says I need to combine the GST and PST into one tax of 12%. My question is, when generating an expense report, how can I get it to show me the taxes separated?

Thanks!

Answers

• pants
    Options

Essentially, I would like the report to show the following:

Category

Merchant

Date

Subtotal before tax

Just the 5% GST that was charged (not incl subtotal)

Just the 7% PST that was charged (not incl subtotal)

Total including tax

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @pants - welcome to the Community! Have you looked into the Multiple Tax Export (under the "Export To" option) in Expensify? If you've combined your Tax Rates and are using an indirect connection, then this may work for you.

After you've created a Report, navigate to the Reports tab, then select the Report. Please then click Export to > Tax Report and Expensify will generate a CSV containing all the expense information including the split out taxes.

• pants
    Options

Hello,

I've read those instructions already but they didn't help me. After I created the Report, when I go to "Export to", I don't see anything that's just called, "Tax Report". I see something called "Multiple Tax Export" and that doesn't help me. The report shows the combined tax, ie. the 12%. I'm looking for a formula that will show me the 5% GST and 7% PST breakdown for each expenses as well as the total that I paid in GST and PST.

• Jason Li
    Jason Li Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 229 Expensify Team
    Options

Apologies - I made a typo, it should be Multiple Tag Export, not Tax Export (which would explain why you can't see it)!

Could you write to concierge@expensify.com? We'll be able to assist further!

• pants
    Options

Hi Jason,

I don't see anything called "Multiple Tag Export". This is what I see

As I said earlier, choosing "Multiple Tax Export" didn't help me. I need a formula to show the separate taxes (GST 5% and PST 7%), not the combined 12%.

• Ted Harris
    Ted Harris Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 359 Expensify Team
    Options

Ah! Sorry @pants - the "Multiple Tax Export" is what we were thinking of. Apologies for any confusion.

What would be interesting to see for the rest of our Community to be able to chime in is whether or not you can share a clear example of what you're trying to achieve and what you have already tried. It would be great to see a few expenses, where we can all see the amounts and tax rates applied in Expensify and then the CSV formulas and export you've attempted so we can figure this out together.

On the other hand, you can also feel free to raise this with Concierge, but our team there will also require the same context to provide you with a resolution.