Is anyone else getting the warning banner 'We're having trouble emailing you...'

Options
Julia
Julia Expensify Customer Posts: 164 Expensify Pro

We're having trouble emailing you. Visit Settings to learn more.

Several of my users have reported this issue. After an in depth conversation between our IT team and Expensify support, we were told that each user would have to manually go in and click 'Yes' here. If the message didn't go away after 24 hours, they would have to open a chat session to have it manually removed.

We can't seem to find any actual traces that the emails aren't being received. Countless logs have been reviewed, and we made sure both domains Expensify and AmazonSES are whitelisted. We've worked extensively with Proofpoint, our email security provider, to troubleshoot. Unfortunately, without Expensify providing the actual response they're receiving from the server to show it's not accepting the email, we can't get anywhere.

Just wondering if this is a wider spread issue, or if it's unique to my companies users.

Answers

• Katie Oswalt
    Katie Oswalt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 170 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi Julia, we've gone down the full troubleshooting path with serviceexpress.com and the conclusion in that conversation was that any impacted users will need to click the banner to resume emails. We did confirm that emails had bounced, and the Proofpoint rep verified this was because they'd blocked an AmazonSES IP. This is why the users are on the suppression list. There is no other path forward, unfortunately.

• anapora
    anapora Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

Hey Katie,

If Expensify can verify (Which a tech I did communicate with earlier this week) that no rejection messages have been received from our servers since 7/6. Wouldn't that right there verify no users are having email delivery issues? We do not have a list of users who have the suppression hold on their account right now so it would be helpful if we could just have Expensify remove the suppression on any affected accounts, we also heard the banner itself for the message has a bug where it needs to be manually removed by Expensify.

Couldn't they both be removed by Expensify? Obviously if the rejection messages happen again you would let us know by re-applying it back on an account.

• Katie Oswalt
    Katie Oswalt Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 170 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @anapora . If users are not experiencing true email issues, they can either click "yes" or write into us and we can manually clear the banner in their account if this doesn't clear it after 24 hours, as we have instructed previously. I'm afraid there is not a way for us to do this in bulk and this will be the simple resolution.