Submission date range.

Options
rgwendtjr
rgwendtjr Expensify Customer Posts: 2

How do I change the date range for expenses to be submitted. We typically will submit the prior month's expanses a few days after months end. However, the page of open expenses to be submitted defaults to the current date, for example today is 10/04/2020 and I want to submit expenses only from 9/1/2020 through 9/30/2020.

How do I change that range to a specific set of dates? Thanks

Answers

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @rgwendtjr Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Scheduled Submit does to things for you:

1. Adds expenses to a report (and create one if it doesn't exist)
    2. Submits your report

This means that what submits on the designated submission date is everything since the last submission date, which does not have a violation.

If you want to create and submit a report for an exact range of dates, you are best to turn off automation and do it manually, creating the report just before manual submission, and using the Expenses page date range filter to do so.

Let me know if I can help with anything further!

• rgwendtjr
    rgwendtjr Expensify Customer Posts: 2
    Options

Rachael.

Thanks for the prompt reply. While I'm sure what you provided is correct, I don't know how to do any of that. I neither turned off or on the automation and cannot find where....and believe me I have spent way too much time looking for this as well as looking for how to set the submission date range....and it is not the automated start date...which is the beginning of the month.

I have ~60 expenses ready to go from Sep and just do not want the few from Oct to be included (even though they are filled out).

Seems there should be an easy way to set the range right before hitting submit.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @rgwendtjr essentially what you want to do is leave them all Unreported (i.e. no Open reports) until the last minute. As long as your default policy is correct, you can still code your expenses in the Unreported state.

Then, when you are ready to submit, filter the Expenses page by date range, select all and Add to Report > New Report, do your last checks and submit the report.

(Incidentally, this is how I prep my own personal household expenses, so I can vouch for the fact that it's pretty quick!)

If you have a Report ready to go, which has October expenses on it, just remove them from the report (if it's just a few) and then try this new method next month!

Scheduled Submit is set up under Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Reports - you'll want this completely disabled to use this exact date range method.