Default categories

Options
johna
johna Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Our company has a list of categories that we need to use for our expense reports. I do not want to use the default categories. I uploaded our converge categories and and was able to use them for my first expense report. Although the Converge categories are still available on our policy profile I can no longer access them - the default categories are the only options available when trying to complete the expenses.

Please help me figure out what to do and how to fix this issue.

Tagged:

Answers

• Stevie LaFortune
    Stevie LaFortune Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 240 Expensify Team
    Options

Welcome to the Community @johna I see that currently, you have your personal policy set as your default policy rather than the company policy. This is limiting your view of the company categories.

The default policy can be set via the Expensify website by clicking the portrait icon and selecting the company policy from the menu. To change the default policy on the mobile app, tap Settings > Policy and then select the correct company policy. The default policy is marked with a green checkmark.

• Loren_Risch66604
    Loren_Risch66604 Expensify Customer Posts: 1
    Options

I want to delete all of the default categories so that our users can't see them. We uploaded the categories that are valid, but at times our users select a default category. Can we delete them or at least turn them off so they aren't visible. I don't have that option when I edit a default category.