How-To - Update Brex company card connection
As you recall, we’ve already upgraded our Brex connections as part of the ExpensifyApproved! Banks program providing a reliable and secure connection for our users!
Now for the update that's currently happening! There's been a slight change in "where" the connection is directed. Because of this update, we’ll only need you to re-connect your Brex credentials.
- First, navigate to Settings > Domain > [Domain Name] > Company Cards > and select Brex. Now select “Assign New Cards”
- This will redirect you to your Brex credentials. Once you’ve entered your credentials and “allowed access” you will be directed back to your Expensify account.
- That’s it! Your connection is now directed correctly and will continue to import transactions.
There are a couple of scenarios that you might encounter when using this new connection, and below you can find a more detailed explanation for each one of them. Check this out! 😉
- When you first import your Brex cards to Expensify, we will only be able to pull in any cards active within the past 5 days. But after the cards are added, we will pull in 30 days worth of transactions. The cards will be available for assignment in Domain Control if/when they've had activity within the past 5 days. If you see this message in Domain Control "All available accounts have been assigned," that means that all cards that have been active within the past 5 days have already been assigned. Please verify if there's recent activity on the cards and try to assign them again later.
- If you cannot find the transactions after assigning the cards, you will need to log into your Expensify account again, wait overnight, or manually update the cards in order to bring in transactions. For context, the cards won't be updated immediately after assignment.
- If you're being redirected back to the Expensify homepage and cannot assign the cards, this is probably happening because you're attempting to import cards too many times, you should try again after 24 hours.
- If you are unable to establish a connection, please double-check your Brex credentials. Only Brex Master Admin's will be able to connect via Expensify. Users with Bookkeeper credentials will not be able to establish a connection.
- Digital and physical cards are the same regarding Brex connections; the transactions will be tied to the same "card" connected. You should see only one card in this scenario.
- Brex cards are assigned using the cardholder's name versus the card number. You should select the cardholder name on the dropdown menu after clicking on Assign New Cards.
If you have any questions or trouble, please reach out to [email protected] so we can help you directly.