Expensify Card Support

Options
jasonrich
jasonrich Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer

If you're wondering if the Expensify Card is for you, keep in mind that when you use the Expensify Card program you essentially have zero admin access to the back end of the transactions to look into anything. You can see if a transaction was made by a user, that's it.

You really have no control over anything. Your only option is to reach out to Concierge for support. I have two pretty simple questions outstanding for Concierge, and four days later I cannot receive a response and the only information I get is that "the team is digging into this deeper" for us.

Also, do not use the daily settlement option, because it is really not a daily settlement credit limit. Days after transactions occur and our credit limit has not bounced back up to where it is supposed to be. Our organization spends $250k+ per month on our current credit cards and we thought the Expensify Card would be something great to switch to. A few weeks into the Expensify Card program and I am struggling to see how we will continue with this program.

Comments

• MattCU
    MattCU Expensify Customer Posts: 3 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

We spend the same amount per month. I believe we are going to get off the Expensify cards. We had more success with other cards and just using the app. The App is great. The cards are not.

1. No support. Always someone to talk to on their end but they can't help.
    2. We have over 60 cards. We got fraud on ONE card....they shut down our WHOLE credit system for 7 days until they could make sure it was safe to use again. Extreme reaction.
    3. They recently messed up on our overall Domain Limit where we have $11 covering 60 cards. They've yet to fix it even though it's their fault and our company cam't spend any money on cards right now.
    4. #2 and #3 happened within 2 weeks of eachother. For 8 months the card system worked great.
    5. We use daily settlement and I hate it. The clearing account in the accounting system is a mess and there really isn't a REAL reconciliation happening. Your best best is to go monthly and set each card up to sync to individual accounts in your accounting system so you can reconcile each card correctly.
    6. Their two factor authentication is very complicated. I don't know why they can't just do a simple text verification code like most other bank apps.

Their cash back is a good feature. But for all the reasons above, I wouldn't recommend staying with the card system. I think the App is great and we will continue to use it. I just wouldn't recommend the cards.

• Rachael Hopkins
    Rachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 904 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @MattCU we do take card fraud very seriously, particularly when it's caused by user accounts that are not properly secured - this means we have to do a full investigation to ensure that everything is properly secured and not still being operated by a third-party with a user's password. We also have to check the admin accounts for anyone with access to the company bank account.

I see that you are not able to use Plaid, this means that if you need custom limits, we have to do a manual review process each time. I don't see that Monthly settlement has been requested, so I have updated your ticket to note that's your preference.

I'm sorry to hear that the QuickBooks Online automatic reconciliation process is not working well for you. Hopefully, the switch to Monthly settlement will make things simpler.

Thanks for your feedback on 2FA.