Claiming shopping

Options
Holmes
Holmes Expensify Customer Posts: 1

Good morning

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I tried to read around what I need in the help files but cannot find really what I need before I fall down the rabbit hole.

Without going into the whole story. I need to do my mums shopping since she had a mental breakdown, my dad then died and all their money is now locked in probate, which is dragging on. The solicitor’s managed to get some of the accounts and are holding it while the probate goes on!

I can claim the money back from them for Mums shopping. So, this where I thought expensify would be very handy, so I have all the receipts backed up in case someone questions it.

Can someone suggest the best way to collate the receipts.

I normally do the shopping for a few weeks till I have few hundred pounds worth and claim the money back from say “12 November till 21 December.”

Should I create a report called “12 November till 21 December.” Or a workspace or category or ???

Just by scanning the receipts with my phone it has created an expense report #<a number>

Grouped into Other and Uncategorized.

Just looking for a few pointers or a URL of where to start reading? So I can group the receipts from set dates and don’t claim twice.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.