Patient purchases (Pass through account)

Options
PeterMD
PeterMD Expensify Customer Posts: 2

We run a healthcare facility we purchase items on behalf of our patients during their stay- we set every patient up with a profile in QuickBooks which Expensify pulls over - We use our company card to make the purchases but end up charging the client back to pay for the goods we buy. when entering the reports we associate each purchase with the patient and when we approve it we cannot find where that information goes to in QuickBooks - shouldn't it associate with the patient since we are tagging them in the report?

how can I get the information from Expensify to export properly to Quickbooks Online?

Answers

• Karisa Latta
    Karisa Latta Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 147 Expensify Team
    Options

Hey @PeterMD !

When an expense report is exported into QB, it will either post into the card account and/or the report submitter's profile - depending on your policy settings. You'll want to be sure that you use the Billable flag on expenses within Expensify and then you can use Customers (patients) as tags on expenses.

With that combo, the expense will also post into the Customer profile and you can rebill/invoice it to that person through QB or Expensify.

If you only ever have billable expenses that will pass back to your patients, consider setting a policy default in Settings - Policies - Group - [policy name] - Expenses - Re-bill expenses to clients - Default to Billable. This will lock the billable flag to On for all expenses submitted.

Do you have your patients in QB under the Customer list? If so, just navigate in Expensify to Settings - Policies - Group - [policy name] - Connections - QuickBooks - Configure - Coding and set Customers to Expense Tags (line item).

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have more questions.