We're currently experiencing an outage with our Citibank connection. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.

New Report renames to past report name

kimberlympaytonkimberlympayton Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer

I'm trying to create a new expense report and add the receipts but the new report continues to revert back to a prior report name. The ER # does change but it will not let me set up a new report name.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 2,150 Expensify Team
    edited January 2019

Hi @kimberlympayton -- It sounds like you might have default report titles enforced in your policy.

Click on Settings > [Policy Name] > Reports section, and toggle the enforcement to be disabled.

Disabling the enforcement isn't a retroactive change so any report that already exist will need to be recreated to remove the enforcement.

You can learn more about default report titles here.

• DLA_001DLA_001 Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

New to Expensify, so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have the same problem, that new reports are created with the template name, and will not save an edited name. I >do not< have the Enforce Default Report Name turned on.

Further, there does not seem to be any function allowing a newly-created report to be saved.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,030 Expensify Team

Hi @DLA_001 Welcome to the Expensify Community!

Unfortunately I can't test this for security reasons, but can you tell me what happens when you edit the report name and then click out? If you get an error, can you take a screenshot?

Edits to reports save as you go, there's not an actual 'save' button - is this what you mean? I can see you have a couple of $0 reports, so it seems that new reports are saving. Can you elaborate a little?

• DLA_001DLA_001 Expensify Customer Posts: 5 Expensify Newcomer

Ha! now it works as expected.

The two $0 reports you saw were the result of a new report failing to rename. I've deleted them now, presuming that it will work going forward. It seemed like it had worked in the past, so that is why I was confused.

Thanks for your help!

• Rachael HopkinsRachael Hopkins Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,030 Expensify Team

Thanks for letting me know @DLA_001 - Murphy's Law!