how to handle credit

How do I input a credit I just received for a cancelled airline flight? The flight expense has already been submitted and closed.

Best Answer

  • Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Posts: 1,762 Expensify Success Coach
    Accepted Answer

    Hi @DebbieW, great question and welcome to the Community! If you've been reimbursed for this expense by your company and need to pay the reimbursement back, I'd recommend adding a negative reimbursable expense to your next reimbursable report. By adding a negative reimbursable expense, the amount you were refunded and need to account for will be subtracted from the reimbursable total of the next report.

    If this expense was submitted as non-reimbursable, and you simply need to account for it with your company, I'd recommend creating a negative non-reimbursable expense to be added to your next report.

    To create a negative expense, you can add parentheses to the expense like so; ($10.00).

Sign In or Register to comment.