We're experiencing abnormally high support volume that has created a backlog delaying our responsiveness. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.
Deep Dive: How to combine reports and best practices for doing so
It's the end of the month, the late afternoon sun is warming your face as you sit at your desk. You're feeling zen. Your eyes are drinking in the merry reimbursable totals that are waiting to be forwarded to your manager for approval.
You're reviewing your Reports page in Expensify.
But, what's this? An extra report when there should just be one for this month. With, *three* expenses in it? No, thank you! You don’t want to wait for two reports to be reimbursed. It’s extra work for your approver. Also, imagine if that report was left behind for another month?
It makes so much more sense to get all of that money in one go, right? Good thing you didn't ship those out just yet, you think to yourself. Good thing you know what to do next.
With a few clicks, you're able to move those expenses into the correct report. Returning what was an unexpected hiccup in your day back to dream-like operation.
Sounds too good to be true? Let’s take a deep dive on the steps to make that happen!
- Navigate to your Expenses page.
- Check the box next to each expense you'd like to move.
- Click the Add To Report button in the top right corner.
- Select a new or existing report from the drop-down list.
With that said, there’s an idea to add direct, report-to-report merging that you can vote for to influence change in the product.
In the meantime, here are some best practices to ensure that your report merging goes swimmingly.
- Use the check boxes to move your expenses in bulk, otherwise, use the expense Edit window.
- Make a note of the report ID and name that you want to move expenses over to.
- Make sure your Scheduled Submit settings are configured correctly.
- Make sure you resolve your Violations in time.
Organizing your expenses should be easy and the steps you've learned today will save you time in the future. Combining this knowledge with Scheduled Submit will give you neatly laid out reports submitted on time, so you can sit back and enjoy that beautiful afternoon sun!