Changing the way dates are sorted in reports

Options
ed_calvinkleinstudio
ed_calvinkleinstudio Expensify Customer Posts: 1

We are trying Expensify to reconcile company Credit card Statements. So far so good, but when we send a report off for approval, the report has the date sorted in ascending order, Sept. 1 to Oct 3. The Credit card statements have the date descending, Oct 3 to Sept 1.

We would like the reports to match the statements so our AP folks won't have to interpolate. I am guessing a custom report export??

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ed

Answers

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @ed_calvinkleinstudio, thank you for posting to the Community! It's not possible to change the sort date on the report in Expensify, but I think it's a very useful functionality depending how you're using Expensify.

I double checked and it doesn't look like anyone has added this as a feature request in the Ideas category, so if you'd like to please do!

In the meantime, a custom export is the best option for the deeper analysis you'd like to do. Each report can be exported to a spreadsheet prior to approval, if that is your desire. The basic template should work, but if you need a custom template you can definitely build that in the policy.

The Community is here if you run into questions!