We are currently experiencing higher than normal support inquiries and response times. The Community is here to support you as well so please help each other out when you can. Please visit our status page to subscribe to updates.

Changing the way dates are sorted in reports

ed_calvinkleinstudioed_calvinkleinstudio Posts: 1Expensify Customer

We are trying Expensify to reconcile company Credit card Statements. So far so good, but when we send a report off for approval, the report has the date sorted in ascending order, Sept. 1 to Oct 3. The Credit card statements have the date descending, Oct 3 to Sept 1.

We would like the reports to match the statements so our AP folks won't have to interpolate. I am guessing a custom report export??

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ed

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach Posts: 1,992Expensify Success Coach - Admin Expensify Success Coach

Hi @ed_calvinkleinstudio, thank you for posting to the Community! It's not possible to change the sort date on the report in Expensify, but I think it's a very useful functionality depending how you're using Expensify.

I double checked and it doesn't look like anyone has added this as a feature request in the Ideas category, so if you'd like to please do!

In the meantime, a custom export is the best option for the deeper analysis you'd like to do. Each report can be exported to a spreadsheet prior to approval, if that is your desire. The basic template should work, but if you need a custom template you can definitely build that in the policy.

The Community is here if you run into questions!