Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
How-to: Connect your policy to Xero
Integrate Directly With Xero
The integration enables seamless import of expense accounts into Expensify and sends expense reports back to Xero as purchasing bills awaiting payment or "spend money" bank transactions.
- You must be a Policy Admin using a Collect or Control policy to connect
Connect Expensify and Xero
- Navigate to Settings > Policies > Groups > [Policy Name] > Connections > Xero
- Select the Connect to Xero button and click Create a new Xero connection
- Enter your Xero login information and choose the Xero organization you want to connect to Expensify (you can connect one organization per policy.)
If you are experiencing issues after following these steps, you can search the Community for the error you're receiving. Note: as of September 2021 apps like Expensify will no longer be able to create invoices and bills in Cashbook and Ledger type organizations via the Xero API. If you use a Cashbook and Ledger Xero account this could prevent you from using the Expensify integration.
- Deep Dive - Configure Export Settings for Xero
- Deep Dive - Configure Coding for Xero
- Deep Dive - Configure Advanced Settings for Xero
- Deep Dive - Xero: Multi-Currency
- Deep Dive - Xero: Tax
- How-to: 3-way connection w/QBO, Sage Intacct, Xero, NS
- Deep Dive: How Expensify Cards Automatically Reconcile in Xero