A brand new look for a brand new year!

Options

Comments

• Alain
    Alain Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I just discovered the new Layout, surprising at first but why not. But the response time is terrible ; any click on the Save button takes tens of seconds before getting things done. Yet my internet connection is fast. Anything I am not doing right there?

• LBrewer
    LBrewer Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I love change, and advancement, but not like this. Coming from an accountant, throwing a new interface into the mix without warning at EOY is quite off-putting. With 50 plus users trying to submit expense reports this week, it is very disruptive. A head's up would've been appreciated. Not to mention the entire site is sluggish. I am not a happy customer right now.

• georgeine
    georgeine Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I find that the lack of notice and timing shows a complete lack of understanding of the customer needs during the busiest time of the year. We are in the process of rolling out the product company wide and will need to put it on hold until we can update our training material and have a better understanding of the interface. I have also found the new interface extremely slow to load the reports on the admin side.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Thank you so much for continuing to share your thoughts and feeling around the changes we've made.

Site Slows

In regards to the site slows that @bspoke, @Lizhong, @Phase4, @zyliu, and @jerryr mentioned, we are having some site issue right now that are attributing to the slows you're experiencing. These slows are not because of the new design and we are working as quickly as possible to resolve them. Once I've gotten the all clear, I'll update you all with that news. Sorry for the frustration!

Adding multiple expenses to a report

@phase4 you can absolutely add multiple expenses to a report at once, I'm happy to show you how!

If you select the expenses you want to report, you can create a new report for them or select an existing Open report to add them to by using the Add to Report dropdown at the top right corner of your account.

I hope that helps!

• Ksharky
    Ksharky Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I must be missing something as my new Expenses page doesn't look anything like what's in the video above. I completely dislike my new page set-ups as they seem to be much less efficient and user-friendly. I don't see the Comment or Customers/Jobs column on the Expense page, and the Merchant column is a full 5 inches wide. Plus the filters across the top are just plain awful. You should give customers the option of accepting new formats like this.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Sheena Trepanier Expensify Team, Approved! Accountant, Expensify Student Ambassador Posts: 1,362 Expensify Team
    Options

Hi @Dharrier happy to shed some light on the filters on the Expenses page. The filters that were available in the previous design are still available in the current design, we haven't removed any filtering abilities.

If you click on Advanced Filter at the top of your expense list, you'll be given the options that appear to be missing from your account.

• kenny05
    kenny05 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    edited January 2018
    Options

Wow did you not even beta release this?!??! Get any feedback? Test performance? What do you mean under-the-hood improvements? What good is fast search if my page won't even load? Your spinny when of death is killing me. You have had multiple releases now that are buggy beyond any reasonable level, please step up your QA.

A little heads up the managers of accounts would have been nice so we didn't have to hear the confusion from our employees!

And you do this at the beginning of the month when everyone is doing expense reports?! You do know the function you serve for business right???

• Sheena Trepanier
    Options

We appreciate the feedback that has been shared and want to encourage a discussion around these changes.

To help facilitate a productive and engaging discussion, I'd like to remind contributors of our Community guidelines and the expectation that we will all respect each other in this public space.

Please remember that spam, harassment, and solicitation will not be tolerated and can lead to account removal. This includes foul and hateful language, and out of respect for all our customers we will not permit it to exist in our community.

As always, be kind and polite to members and moderators and keep posts relevant to the forum topic.

Thanks so much!

• MelisaD
    MelisaD Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I agree with 99% of what's being said above.
    This role out caught me quite off guard and to the point where I needed to search for an existing forum to see if I was the only one taken aback and disliking the majority of the new features.

As an admin that supports multiple executive, the biggest qualm I have is the new layout for expenses as well as the removal as the Receipts page. Having the old desktop layout is how I was able to stay most organized in making sure I have expensed everything uploaded from their CC's as well as keeping track of the cash receipts. Anything they did not hand me personally, they would send to Expensify where I would find them in the Receipts page to then add to the report if I hadn't already had a physical version. Yes, it would be helpful to smart scan and then have them move into the Expenses page but the smartscanners don't always get everything right and the automation features will get things wrong as they already have. When I signed into this newest version I already encountered multiple obstacles from the Advanced Search of expenses I had in there that are now reading as from "2001" or "2015" when the receipt clearly says 2017. These receipts were already expensed or duplicates, so now I will need to review all my receipts from the end of last quarter to make sure I hadn't missed any and these are just flukes. The need for the Advance Search in this new version of Expensify will be critical but if it will not work properly than what is the point. Having the ability to filter out expenses on the old version was much easier and never made the mistakes I am getting now. Even if you don't add back a Receipts tab, at least add a fixed area for filtering like you had in the old one because the "Advance Search" isn't very advanced.

I'm not sure why this update was entirely necessary to change the usage of the desktop site. I specifically avoided the mobile version of Expensify because of many of the obstacles I am now encountering in this new desktop version.

Is there an option to go back to the old view? CAN there be? It was way easier to stay organized.

• jec
    jec Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Please offer a “Return to Classic Mode” option while some of the rough bits get sanded down. To echo many others’ commentary: this is the wrong time of year to slow me down.

• jec
    jec Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Previously: in receipts view, I could see only open receipts; I could then check a box to select them all at once, then click a single tip-down to create a new report and add these to them.

Now (as best I can tell): I create an advanced search, specify only open receipts; wait for the search to render; scan for errors — echoing @MelisaD, the new view shows many duplicate/old/mis-scanned receipts… — then check off expenses, one at a time, to add them to a new report.

This change is a step back as regards usability.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Options

Hi @MelisaD, thanks for contributing! The Advanced Filters on the new design are the same filters we previously offered, just in a new place. You can still filter by status, category, tag, policy, and credit card, just as before.

Can you tell me a little more about what filters you used in the past that are missing now? I'd love to have a chance to dig into this more and update you with any new information I find.

If you're seeing old expenses, or expenses you've already reported, we recommend setting a default date range for yourself (we no longer set one for you) and then filtering out expenses in the Processing, Approved, Closed and Deleted states.

If you adjust your filters as I mentioned above, you should see only Unreported and Open expenses within the date range you selected. The expenses that were submitted previously, or ones outside the date range, should no longer be visible.

Thanks again MelisaD!

• MelisaD
    MelisaD Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Hi @Sheena Trepanier , Thank you for your response. I can see that the Advance Filter are the same as the older version (but just in a less convenient location- perhaps if they were fixed on the side for quicker access), but they do not seem as effective as the older version. I had selected "unreported" and "open" to filter out expenses as I have done in the past but older already reported ones are appearing. I had noticed the default date range was no longer in effect, but the issue is the expenses showing as "2001" and "2015" are actually 2017 expenses/receipts. In this case I am happy that there was no date range or otherwise I would have missed those. It just seems glitchy.

• TimVSG
    TimVSG Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Is it still possible to only see receipts that I forwarded to Expensify? That is important to my workflow.

• RedBaron
    RedBaron Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    edited January 2018
    Options

I agree with @TimVSG. This is something that I need to see, to avoid duplicates, and to ensure that all receipts are matched properly.

Also, the ability to import from dropbox was removed. This again is very important to my workflow.

• deaston
    deaston Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Yea, Nice updated look...NOT. The side taskbar is covered by your lovely logo and wont let me even access settings. Also you somehow removed all but one category from my company policy. Which policy I cannot access due to the "wonderful new look"
    I am pressuring everyone to get their expense reports in by today and they cannot categorize their expenses and thus they cannot submit.

So thanks for that.

• J_Munson2071
    J_Munson2071 Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Not too thrilled with the search functions being at the top of the page and having to click on Advanced Search to really do anything. In addition, you used to be able to select a series of receipts/expenses/reports and delete them all at once. What happened to that feature? Do I now need to modify each record individually? The Help function is barely visible at the bottom of the page, not crazy about that either.

• Sandeep
    Sandeep Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Hi - Supporting 325 employees is not easy, and on top of this new LOOK forced on us at the time where we're busy with year-end process in not fair. Right now I'm answering questions related to Expensify instead of focusing on year-end process.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Options

Hello everyone, it's great to see the most recent feedback you've shared – keep it coming!

Visibility on receipts

Having a quick and easy way to isolate receipts that aren't attached to an expense is essential, and we realize that many of you are struggling with this in the new design. We are working on providing you with options for filtering these types of Documents, and once I have more information to share I'll update everyone in this thread.

Bulk actions on expenses

@jec and @J_Munson2071, you both mentioned that you missed some bulk actions that you used before. The select all checkbox (selecting all expenses on a page) and the bulk actions previously available, are still options with the new design.

To move, edit or delete expenses in bulk, follow the steps below.

1. Adjust the filters on your Expenses page to display the expenses you need to report, delete, or edit.
    2. Click the select all checkbox at the top left of the expense list
    3. Take your action using the buttons located at the top right of your Expensify screen.

Where did Help go?

We've centralized where you can find our help options and how to contact us. If you click on your User icon in the top left of your account > Help and Feedback, you'll be shown different support options.

• Sheena Trepanier
    Options

@MelisaD - Thank you for the reply! I'm going to reach out to you via email so we can look into the issues you raised. Please be on the lookout for an email from me which should be coming soon.

Thanks!

• Sheena Trepanier
    Options

@deaston welcome to the discussion. I'm going to reach out to you via email so we can work on this together. Please be on the lookout for an email shortly.

• Accounting_Stok
    Accounting_Stok Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

How about the phone app version? I wish there is an icon in the expense tab to tell if that expense is open/processing/approved like this new look in web version.
    Anyway, thanks a lot.

• sardog10
    sardog10 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I agree that I'd like my filters back in a fixed position and easily accessed no matter where on the page we are. I do large reports all the time and am already frustrated by the change!

• sardog10
    sardog10 Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

I used this program for thousands of transactions over the last year and with very few suggestions for change as it just seemed to be a straightforward, "get it done" program. Loved it. But now, I can't find a single change that is an improvement and have to wonder why they were made in the first place. Sorry to sound whiny but when something works...don't mess with it just because...!

• David_H
    David_H Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
    edited January 2018
    Options

There are major QC issues with this. Notice anything unusual? I also have to constantly refresh screens to get the filters I've selected at the top to work correctly.

• Melanie
    Melanie Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Before the updgrade, our GL codes would show in the Category list when employees would submit their expenses. Now the GL codes do not show - only the name. How do I get the codes to show?

• vlad0326
    vlad0326 Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Not having a separate receipts and expenses page has literally tripled the time for me to do a expense report. Please bring the receipts page back.

• alexa
    alexa Expensify Customer Posts: 1 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

Why did you take away the RECEIPTS click?

Basically where do I find a receipt that could not be scanned by your smartscan? Or gets smartscanned incorrectly to some random date (assuming receipts are organized by date).

I know Expensify trusts their Smart Scan process to get the receipts right (and it works pretty well most of the time)... but what if there are 2 dates OR no dates on the submitted receipt... where do I find such a receipt in order to manually create the expense.

P.S. Your friendly concierge gave me some generic answer like "we have this wonderful new layout...".

Speed improvements are a welcome relief. Your design and QA team must only work with a set of 10 receipts (unlike 600+ per year for users)... else they would have understood the user experience better.

• ntahall
    ntahall Expensify Customer Posts: 6 Expensify Newcomer
    Options
    • You must bring back a 'receipts' view;
    • I can't type dates into the date fields on the filter.
  • MattC
    MattC Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer
    Options

What happened to the ability to search by a dollar amount? A general search field???? Please tell me it is still there, and simply hidden in the tangled mess of what you call an improved UI

In about 10 seconds, I would sort by "all expenses", (not by report) to cast the widest net, choose the date parameters, then type in $xxx.xx, hit enter... BOOM.... result. It was either there, or not. The quickest, cleanest way for a user to determine if an expense was previously entered or not. I got in the habit of cross referencing my ccard bills each month with my expenses because I had noticed last year expense entries were dropping off..dissapearing. Not accidently deleting by hand on app, or on desktop, they would simply be gone.. poof! Never to return.

So....tell me this.. once I populate all expenses for, say, the last 6 months, where do I go to enter a dollar amount in search? The only field that allows typing is the "Merchant" field. That field does not accept numbers ??

Why would I type in the merchant? I fly multiple times a week, every week, and rental cars and hotels. If I have an airfare for 546.98 that I need to determine if it was expensed, typing in the "merchant" would give me dozens and dozens of line items for that very airline, or car rental, or hotel etc. And who's to say the merchant name is entered by the user?

The ONE constant is DOLLAR AMOUNT. It is the one variable that does not change. Doing so usually gets people fired.

Please return the simple search field that accepts "numbers" and decimals. And hire back the designer that put it there in the first place... he/she gets-it..

Oh, and the rest of the upgrade is staggeringly un-intuitive. Dreadful.

This discussion has been closed.