Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.

Minimums on report submission

DecDec Expensify Customer Posts: 3

Good morning,

I'm managing the ongoing roll out of expensify to employees at my company. I'm wondering if there's any way to set minimum item #/ value limits on report submissions? We have an issue where employees will simply submit a report with a single expense item each time they are incurred, which causes a bit of spam for line managers and myself/ accounts.

We considered using the scheduled submission option however this would simply cause a barrage of approvals to appear all at once for our senior management team once per month, since we have quite a bottom heavy management structure/ approval.

The sort of thing I would like is the ability to only allow people to submit reports if they are, for example, over £200 or contain at least 4 individual expense items. Does this feature exist in any form?

Thanks,

Declan

Tagged:

Answers

• Zany RenneyZany Renney Expensify Customer, Expensify Team Posts: 82 Expensify Team
    edited October 5

Hi @Dec

Welcome to Expensify, I hope the roll out is going well! 🎉

We don't have the ability for users to set a minimum for Report items, or a minimum value unfortunately.

I think your best bet is to use Scheduled Submit set to weekly, and add some expense violation settings so that expenses within a certain criteria are automatically approved to reduce the burden on the approvers. You can change this via Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy name] > People. From there, scroll to Expense Approvals and toggle the setting to "No -Only require explicit approval for expenses that fail auditing".

You can set the criteria here:

Let me know if you have any other questions!