Minimums on report submission

Options
Dec
Dec Expensify Customer Posts: 4

Good morning,

I'm managing the ongoing roll out of expensify to employees at my company. I'm wondering if there's any way to set minimum item #/ value limits on report submissions? We have an issue where employees will simply submit a report with a single expense item each time they are incurred, which causes a bit of spam for line managers and myself/ accounts.

We considered using the scheduled submission option however this would simply cause a barrage of approvals to appear all at once for our senior management team once per month, since we have quite a bottom heavy management structure/ approval.

The sort of thing I would like is the ability to only allow people to submit reports if they are, for example, over £200 or contain at least 4 individual expense items. Does this feature exist in any form?

Thanks,

Declan

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Zany Renney
    Zany Renney Approved! Accountant Posts: 171 Expensify Team
    edited October 2020 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Dec

Welcome to Expensify, I hope the roll out is going well! 🎉

We don't have the ability for users to set a minimum for Report items, or a minimum value unfortunately.

I think your best bet is to use Scheduled Submit set to weekly, and add some expense violation settings so that expenses within a certain criteria are automatically approved to reduce the burden on the approvers. You can change this via Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy name] > People. From there, scroll to Expense Approvals and toggle the setting to "No -Only require explicit approval for expenses that fail auditing".

You can set the criteria here:

Let me know if you have any other questions!