Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.
Deep Dive - Configure Coding for Sage Intacct
How your expense data appears once it's exported to Sage Intacct is all reliant on your setup at the Expensify end. To ensure you get the desired outcome, it’s important to fully understand each option.
These are always enabled and are the main way we match your expenses back to the right accounts in Sage Intact. Your Categories in Expensify will depend on your Reimbursable export options:
- If your Reimbursable export option is set to Expense Reports (the default), your Categories will be your Expense Types
- If your Reimbursable export option is set to Vendor Bills, your Categories will be your Chart of Accounts (AKA GL Codes, AKA Account Codes)
You can always disable unnecessary categories from your Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Categories page, if your list is overly large.
NB: Every expense will need to be coded with a Category or it will not export.
If you on-charge expenses to your clients and want to handle these in Sage Intacct, you’ll want to enable Billable Expenses. You can then map your expense types or accounts to items in Sage Intacct.
When an expense is marked as Billable in Expensify, your users will need to select the correct billable Category (Item) or there will be an error when exporting.
Dimensions - Departments, Classes and Locations
If you enable these dimensions, you can set them to one of three data options:
- Employee default - this will not be set in Expensify but will pick up the default from the Sage Intact employee record when exported. NB: this is only available when the reimbursable export option is set to Expense Reports
- Tags - this is at the line-item level and is handy when employees on the policy have to do a lot of cross charging between Departments or Locations
- Report Fields - this is at the header level i.e. ALL expenses on the report will be under the account selected. This is handy when the employee's Location, for example, is different from one report to another.
Customers and Projects
These are particularly relevant to billable expenses and can be set as Tags or Report Fields (see above).
These can also be set up as Tags or Report Fields.