Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
Deep Dive - Configure Coding for Sage Intacct
How your expense data appears once it's exported to Sage Intacct is all reliant on your setup at the Expensify end. To ensure you get the desired outcome, it’s important to fully understand each option.
These are always enabled and are the main way we match your expenses back to the right accounts in Sage Intact. Your Categories in Expensify will depend on your Reimbursable export options:
- If your Reimbursable export option is set to Expense Reports (the default), your Categories will be your Expense Types
- If your Reimbursable export option is set to Vendor Bills, your Categories will be your Chart of Accounts (AKA GL Codes, AKA Account Codes)
You can always disable unnecessary categories from your Settings > Policies > Group > [Policy Name] > Categories page, if your list is overly large.
NB: Every expense will need to be coded with a Category or it will not export.
Note: when you first set up the integration, your existing categories will be overwritten.
If you on-charge expenses to your clients and want to handle these in Sage Intacct, you’ll want to enable Billable Expenses. You can then map your expense types or accounts to items in Sage Intacct.
When an expense is marked as Billable in Expensify, your users will need to select the correct billable Category (Item) or there will be an error when exporting.
Dimensions - Departments, Classes and Locations
If you enable these dimensions, you can set them to one of three data options:
Not pulled into Expensify:
- Employee default - this will not be set in Expensify but will pick up the default from the Sage Intact employee record when exported. NB: this is only available when the reimbursable export option is set to Expense Reports
- Tags - this is at the line-item level and is handy when employees on the policy have to do a lot of cross charging between Departments or Locations.
- Please note, if the word "tag" appears instead of "Department" on your reports, check that "Projects" is not toggled off in your Tags configuration within your Policy Settings, but toggled on within your coding settings of the Intacct configuration settings. When more than one option is available, the term will default to Tags to combine them both.
- Report Fields - this is at the header level i.e. ALL expenses on the report will be under the account selected. This is handy when the employee's Location, for example, is different from one report to another.
Customers and Projects
These are particularly relevant to billable expenses and can be set as Tags or Report Fields (see above).
These can also be set up as Tags or Report Fields.