Today they basically told me that there is nothing they can do. I can't be the only one who's having this issue, after all AMEX is fairly large bank.
I've tried reimporting cards as they mention but that also did not work.
I'm about to just give up on Expensify, if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it (including options other than Expensify).
Here's the message word for word:
Hi there, I checked your bank connection logs with my engineers, and it looks like the issue is due to changes at the bank. Unfortunately, since this is happening at the bank, there’s not much I can do to fix this on my end!
I recommend that you continue to try to import the card to Expensify or fix the connection over the next few days and weeks. Generally, these are temporary issues at the bank and should resolve themselves when the bank gets around to fixing them.
You might also want to consider switching to one of our recommended credit card connections. Here’s the list of cards/banks I recommend:
These are the most reliable API connections available in Expensify.
If none of the options above work, you can import your card transactions via CSV spreadsheet import. Please find complete instructions here.
Let me know if you have any questions, and I will be happy to help!