Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status 

The number of families signing up for reimbursement has vastly outnumbered the limited funds available. Though we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep our fund moving forward. Rest assured, we’ll review every report that’s submitted per our instructions. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Hotel Bill Expense Splitting

BruceMWBruceMW Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

I'm not sure how to handle this but I recently stayed at a hotel and charged some meal to my room. Normally, I'd just split the expenses and identify them as meals and be done with it, but our company policy states I need to attach a separate, itemized receipt for meals. I have the receipts, but can't identify how (if at all) to attach a receipt to this type of expense. Hopefully that makes sense.

Answers

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,391 Expensify Team

Hello @BruceMW - welcome to the community. I'm happy to help with this, but have just a couple questions.

1. Have you already split the expense?
    2. Is the itemized receipt in your email, on your computer, or do you have a hard copy?
    3. If you've already split the expense, is the portion without the receipt still in an Unreported or Open (unsubmitted) state?

Thanks!

• BruceMWBruceMW Expensify Customer Posts: 2 Expensify Newcomer

So sorry for the delay. I've not split the expense yet since I wasn't certain that was the appropriate action. I have a hard copy (scanned and submitted to Expensify) of my meal, the total of which is on my hotel bill. It seems like I should subtract out the meal expenses from my hotel bill and then submit the itemized meal expenses separately. That may be simplest and make the most sense.

• Sheena TrepanierSheena Trepanier Expensify Success Coach - Admin Posts: 1,391 Expensify Team

Hello @BruceMW, thanks for getting back to me. If you split the expense, you'll be able to split out each meal expense from the total bill. I'd recommend leaving a comment on each piece to help illustrate what each expense is for.

Each split will be created with the receipt attached to each portion. I created a little .gif of that process below, that I hope helps.

recordit.co/hjsAHBiNju