Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
How-to: Export reports to a CSV template
Spreadsheets or CSV files are useful for moving your data out of Expensify, whether for your accounting package or to further review and organize data.
These exports allow you to export any data stored within a report (such as the tag, category, amount, currency, etc) to a CSV. It is an option to export information held within an expense through a custom export template.
If you need to pick and choose just a handful of your expenses to export, you can trigger the export from the Expenses page.
If you need to export entire reports, you can trigger the export from the Reports page. To do this, select the reports you'd like to export, click "Export To", and then choose the default CSV, or you can choose to create your own CSV export template.
Need to create a template to export? To learn more about how to create a template to export, visit our reports export page.
Default export formats
All Policy Admins have access to the following emailed exports:
- Basic Export - A simple breakdown of your expense reports
- Tag Export - Expense reports grouped by Tag
- Category Export - Expense reports grouped by Category
- Detailed Export - A dense but very detailed export displaying all of the expense and report level info you could ever wish for.
- Report Level Export - Simple export of only report level data
- Multiple Tax Export - A BST/GST export we've made available to everybody, everywhere, by default.