Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.
We're currently experiencing issues with our American Express and Capital One connections. Please visit our status page for more details and to subscribe to updates.
How-to: Add an ACH business bank account to reimburse employees (US only)
Need to pay back employees directly through Expensify? Our ACH reimbursement makes this really easy! This is available for US bank accounts only. For Australian business bank accounts, click here.
Prerequisites and notes:
ACH reimbursement ability is available to any user with access to a company business bank account.
- Expensify cannot process reimbursement for any single report over $20,000.
- Policy Admins won’t be able to reimburse expense reports via ACH unless the employee has added a personal bank account, and the Policy Admin has added and validated a business bank account.
- For information on reimbursement timing in the US via ACH, please click here.
How to set up the account for employee reimbursement:
Setting up a business bank account will allow you to pay back employee expenses from the same bank account from which all other company expenses are withdrawn.
We also offer Rapid Reimbursement by default to all customers!
- Rapid Reimbursement reduces the processing time from 4-5 business days to just one business day.
- The limits on Rapid Reimbursement are $100 per-personal bank account per-day and $10,000 per-business bank account per-day.
- If you've reached either of these limits, then no problem! We will automatically defer to the typical ACH speed (4-5 business days).
Step 1: Go to Settings > Account > Reimbursement > and click Add Business Bank Account
Step 2: Choose your bank connection type
- Log into online bank account:
Step 3: Hit Continue when you hit the Plaid screen, and you'll be shown a list of compatible banks that offer direct online login access.
Step 4: Login: Choose your bank account provider.
Note: If your bank is not listed, click the X to go back to the connection type, where you will then see an additional option. Choose Manually Enter Account Details, then skip to Step 6.
Step 5: Enter your bank login credentials
- Note: If your bank requires additional security measures, you will be directed to obtain and enter a security code.
- If you have more than one account available to choose from, you will be directed to choose the desired account.
Step 6: Enter your company information:
Step 7: Enter your personal information:
Step 8: Check the appropriate box under Additional Information, accept the agreement terms, and verify that all information is true and accurate:
Step 9: Almost there! The account you setup will be in your Settings > Account > Payment section in either Verifying or Pending status.
- If it is Verifying, then our Risk Team will reach out for more information. Look out for an email from [email protected].
- If it is Pending, then in 1-2 business days Expensify will administer 3 test transactions to your bank account.
Once these transactions - 2 deposits and 1 withdrawal - have posted to your account, go to your Inbox page and you will be prompted to enter the transaction amounts.
Step 10: You're done! A business bank account that is successful should appear like this:
- How-to: Set a policy default business bank account and admin
- How-to: Automate reimbursement
- How-to: Share reimbursement access (withdrawal account) with another admin
- FAQ: Why do I need to provide personal documentation when setting up/updating my bank account?
- FAQ: Why is a 3-way validation bank call necessary to validate my business account?