FAQ: Why didn't my eReceipt generate?
There are several reasons an eReceipt may not be generated for an expense:
- This is a lodging receipt, for which eReceipts are not generated.
- The transaction is over $75.
- You have imported your card via a spreadsheet or OFX file. We can only generate eReceipts for directly connected cards/banks.
- Your card/bank connection is broken.
- Your connected card/bank is outside of the US.
- Your Expensify Card transaction is not in one of the following categories: Airlines, Commuter expenses, Gas, Groceries, Mail, Meals, Car rental, Taxis, and Utilities.
- Your Policy Admin has disabled eReceipts within the policy settings. Note: If you're sure this is not the case, make sure to check that you are using the correct policy. Click our user icon at the top left of your account and then confirm your policy under the Use this Expense Policy section:
Sdeforest Expensify Customer Posts: 4 Expensify Newcomer
Does using the "Expensify Card" increase this $75 limitation?
NVM. Per IRS 463 documentation is required to support expenses for items, other than lodging, over $75.
The Expensify Card purchases will provide an eReceipt for transactions over $75.
However, the IRS limitation for tax purposes requires the actual transaction receipts for purchases over $75.
You may want to also discuss this with your hired tax professional.
Is there a way to allow e-receipts for transactions over $75? Realistically, all of our company's invoices will exceed this amount. If we can not have the invoice attached, this feature would not be of use for us.
Quick note here: The Expensify Card will generate eReceipts for purchases over $75 but only for certain merchants (based on MCC code).
- Commuter expenses
- Car rental
There is a charge on my expensify report for 135.50 from Grainger with no receipt attached. There are no charges for this amount with Grainger.
Hi @kimwine - for questions about unrecognized charges from an imported company card, I recommend you reach out to your company's admin, or if you've already checked the bank statement and the charge isn't there, check with your bank. Feel free to write into Concierge for support if you still have any questions and you'd like more guidance.
I'm being asked for a receipt on the payment credit. Payments are made by our corporate bookkeeper. How do I make it stop?
Hi @tda325 - I'm not quite sure what you're referring. Could you send a message to Concierge from within your account so that we can take a look?
Shows it needs a receipt, but it's payment, not an expense.
@tda325 Aaaah, thank you for that context. The requirement for needing a receipt is one set by your policy admin and it's not something we can help disable.
You're right, payments don't typically need or have a receipt.
In this case, I'd recommend reaching out internally to a manager or the person you submit your reports to and ask them about the requirement. Some customers I've worked with have allowed payments without receipts and others have had employees put a placeholder image file on the payment as a receipt image. It's really down to your company's preference and process.