Are you receiving SNAP/EBT benefits? The Expensify.org/SNAP-VAX campaign is live and accepting new members. Learn more about receiving $50 for submitting a SNAP receipt and $50 for getting your COVID-19 vaccine here and join today!
Deprecating the Currency Conversion Surcharge
We've just removed our old Currency Conversion Surcharge feature, which previously allowed users to add a fixed percentage to all new foreign currency expenses.
Why did we decide to remove the feature?
- It was used by a very small set of Expensify users, less than 0.1% of users!
- It was built to help users ensure users were being paid back the amount they actually spent, but it didn't actually do that very well. Because the surcharge percentage was an arbitrary amount chosen by individual users, it could only ever estimate what was spent.
- Most importantly, we have better solutions!
How can you ensure that you're tracking exactly what you spent?
- For personal credit cards, Expensify offers two easy ways to import your transactions. View the options here.
- For company credit cards, there are three great ways to import transactions. Learn which option is best for you here.
- For a better, more seamless experience, use the Expensify Card! The Expensify Card will always import the correct amount and can reconcile with your accounting system automatically. Learn more!
- Please note: If you were unable to import your card previously because we didn't have a direct connection for your bank, have no fear! We now have a CSV import option for both personal cards and company cards. Check out one of the links above for more information.