Expensify.org is accepting proposals for new campaigns. Submit yours here by April 30th to receive up to $100,000 in funding for campaigns dismantling injustice related to: Climate, Homes, Hunger, Reentry, or Youth.
Deep Dive: Best practices for reimbursing reports
Christina Dobryzynski Expensify Success Coach - Admin, Expensify Team Posts: 228 Expensify Team
edited October 2020 in Deep Dive Docs
Before we dive into best practices, it's important to note only a Policy Admin who has added a business bank account to their Expensify account will be able to reimburse employees.
There are three primary options when it comes to Expensify reimbursements.
- Direct reimbursement - Expensify helps create a reimbursement batch payment (ABA) file for external reimbursement
- Indirect reimbursement - Reimbursements are initiated and completed outside of Expensify
- Reimbursement outside of Expensify - Employees are never reimbursed for expenses
- Plan ahead! Consider the possibility that the one policy admin who is a reimburser might be sick at the end of the month or perhaps on a four-week honeymoon to Hawaii and someone else will need to be able to reimburse employees. Make sure the policy admin shares the business bank account with at least one other policy admin.
- Get in the routine of having every new employee connect a Personal Bank Account to his/her Expensify account. This will ensure there is no delay in getting reimbursed.
- Understand there is a verification process when sharing a business bank account. The new reimburser will need to have access to the business bank account transaction history (or access to someone who has access to it) so they can verify 2 deposits and 1 withdrawal that Expensify will send to verify the account.
- Consider setting up automatic reimbursement. With this configured, reports below a certain threshold (defined by you) will be automatically reimbursed via ACH as soon as they've been Final Approved!
- Notify employees to look at the comments at the bottom of a report, or the Next Step section at the top of a Reimbursed Report to find the details of when they can expect a direct reimbursement.
- How-to: Add an ACH business bank account to reimburse employees (US only)
- How-to: Add a U.S. personal bank account to receive reimbursements via Expensify
- How-to: Configure your policy for manual reimbursements
- How-to: Add the Australian business bank account to your policy
- How-to: Create a batch payment file for Australian reimbursement
- How-to: Cancel an ACH reimbursement
- Deep Dive: How long will it take for me to receive my reimbursement?
- FAQ: How come I can't trigger ACH reimbursements in bulk?