Expensify.org/hunger SNAP campaign status
We’re no longer accepting new participants as our focus is on reimbursing existing claims. While we’re unable to provide a specific timeline on when your report will be reimbursed, we’re doing our best to drive donations and keep reimbursements moving forward. If you know anyone who can donate to this campaign please encourage them to enable Personal or Corporate Karma on their Expensify account.
Deep Dive: Best practices for reimbursing reports
Before we dive into best practices, it's important to note only a Policy Admin who has added a business bank account to their Expensify account will be able to reimburse employees.
- Direct reimbursement - Expensify helps create a reimbursement batch payment (ABA) file for external reimbursement
- Indirect reimbursement - Reimbursements are initiated and completed outside of Expensify
- Reimbursement outside of Expensify - Employees are never reimbursed for expenses
- Plan ahead! Consider the possibility that the one policy admin who is a reimburser might be sick at the end of the month or perhaps on a four-week honeymoon to Hawaii and someone else will need to be able to reimburse employees. Make sure the policy admin shares the business bank account with at least one other policy admin.
- Get in the routine of having every new employee connect a Personal Bank Account to his/her Expensify account. This will ensure there is no delay in getting reimbursed.
- Understand there is a verification process when sharing a business bank account. The new reimburser will need to have access to the business bank account transaction history (or access to someone who has access to it) so they can verify 2 deposits and 1 withdrawal that Expensify will send to verify the account.
- Consider setting up automatic reimbursement. With this configured, reports below a certain threshold (defined by you) will be automatically reimbursed via ACH as soon as they've been Final Approved!
- Notify employees to look at the Report History & Comments section or at the top of a Reimbursed Report to find the details of when they can expect a direct reimbursement.
- How-to: Add an ACH business bank account to reimburse employees (US only)
- How-to: Add a U.S. personal bank account to receive reimbursements via Expensify
- How-to: Configure your policy for manual reimbursements
- How-to: Add the Australian business bank account to your policy
- How-to: Create a batch payment file for Australian reimbursement
- How-to: Cancel an ACH reimbursement
- Deep Dive: How long will it take for me to receive my reimbursement?
- FAQ: How come I can't trigger ACH reimbursements in bulk?