How to: Pay an invoice and bill in Expensify
There are multiple methods to pay an invoice and bill in Expensify so let’s take a look at your options!
Note: when an invoice is marked as Paid it cannot be then marked Unpaid.
This feature is available to:
Group policy users: perfect for businesses who want to send invoices to clients/customers.
Individual policy users: perfect for contractors, personal business owners, or anyone who wants to send invoices to clients/customers.
Pay with an ACH bank-to-bank transfer
This is only available for US-based customers since it relies on a connected business bank account.
Once a business bank account is connected to your Expensify account, you’ll have the option to pay an invoice and bill on the web via an ACH bank-to-bank transfer. There are no fees for paying an invoice and bill in this method. *
To pay with an ACH bank-to-bank transfer:
- Sign-in to your Expensify account on the web at www.expensify.com.
- Go to the Inbox and locate the invoice or bill that needs to be paid.
- Click the Pay button to be redirected to the invoice or bill.
- Choose the ACH option from the drop-down list.
- Follow the prompts to connect your business bank account to Expensify.
Pay an invoice with a credit or debit card
This option is available to all US and International customers receiving an invoice from a US vendor with a US business bank account. *
To pay with a credit or debit card:
- Sign-in to your Expensify account on the web app at www.expensify.com.
- Click on the invoice you’d like to pay to see the details.
- Click the Pay button.
- You’ll be prompted to enter your credit card or debit card details.
Please note, there are some merchant account fees associated with paying an invoice/bill in this method.
Pay a bill or invoice with Venmo
If the vendor and the payer both have Venmo setup in their Expensify account, it is an option to pay an invoice and bill through Venmo.
Pay a bill or invoice with Paypal.me
If the vendor and the payer both use Paypal.me, it is an option to pay an invoice and bill through PayPal.me.
Pay an Expense Report, Bill or Invoice outside of Expensify
If you are not able to pay using one of the above methods, then you can mark the Expense Report, Bill or Invoice as paid in Expensify to update its status and then make the payment outside Expensify.
*Note: If your vendor does not connect a deposit account to receive the payment, Expensify will send a physical check to the vendor at no additional cost to you.